CLIPS 6.3 Beta for Windows
A Windows installer for CLIPS 6.3 Beta is available for download
on the SourceForge CLIPS Download Page.
CLIPS 6.3 includes the following enhancements:
- Performance Improvements - Rule performance has been improved particularly
in situations with large numbers of fact/instances or partial matches.
- Internationalization Support - CLIPS provides internal support for UTF-8
strings and symbols. The DOS version of CLIPS provides I/O support for
languages with relatively simple scripts (such as German, Spanish, Greek,
and Russian, but not Arabic, Chinese, or Japanese). Instructions for using
CLIPSDOS with other languages are in section 2.1.2 of the Basic Programming
- Windows Integration - Microsoft Windows VC++ Express 2008 and
Borland Turbo C++ 2006 are now supported. Several starter projects are
also included which demonstrate how to build C++ libraries and DLLs.
- 64-bit Integers - Integers in CLIPS are now represented using the
"long long" C data type which provides a minimum of 64 bits of
- Pattern Addition - The initial-fact and initial-object patterns are no
longer used in triggering rules. When printing partial matches, the *
symbol is used to indicate a not or exists pattern that is satisfied.
Back to CLIPS Home Page.